8th Multicore World – 12, 13, 14 February 2019
Wellington, New Zealand
Open Parallel presents the 8th consecutive Multicore World conference. Part of our long-term vision to build a high-tech ecosystem from and for New Zealand toward next generation computing and its applications, we bring together every year the best minds from industry, academia, engineering and society to discuss the deep implications of the current IT transformation, beyond all the buzzwords and ephemeral trends.
Some of the topics that we’ll discuss:
- How industries will be impacted by next generation computing: AgriTech, Primary Sector, Oil & Gas, Services
- Systems and software engineering, all the way to the end user
- Software for the modern enterprise in a complex world
- Big Data, Blockchain, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence: buzzwords vs reality
- IoT – HPC convergence: is it happening?
- Scalability, Security and Industry 4.0
- Computing at the Edge: parallelism, latency, challenges and possibilities
- Data-centric and Heterogeneous Computing (hardware and software)
- Lean OS, new algorithms and arithmetic and power consumption
- The Square Kilometre Array radio-telescope (SKA): computing challenges of the largest ICT project in the world
- The path to exascale computing: a race between countries or technologies?
- Cybersecurity -from hardware and OS level to systems performance
- Applications – Precision agriculture, hazard preventions, space data, genomics, modelling, simulations
- Privacy, security, identity -how much protection can we expect from the state?
- Quantum: myths and reality
- Innovation, diversity, integration, law and regulations: how are Societies adapting to a Multicore World?
Some of the guest speakers for Multicore World 2019 (*):
- Prof Satoshi Matsuoka – Head of the RIKEN Centre for Computational Science -the largest supercomputing centre in Japan.
- Mark Seager – Intel Fellow, Director of HPC Strategy, Intel Corporation. Mark leads Scale out strategy for Intel’s Exascale Computing, is a Fellow in Residence for Intel China and is working on an ecosystem approach to develop and build HPC and cloud systems with Exascale capabilities. Mark was instrumental in the development of Intel’s Scalable System Framework. San Francisco, USA. New!
- Ruud van der Pas – Distinguished Engineer, Oracle Inc. Santa Clara, California, USA / Netherlands.
- Prof Geoffrey C. Fox, distinguished professor of Informatics and Computing, and Physics at Indiana University. Director, Digital Science Center, Chair of Department of Intelligent Systems Engineering and Director of the Data Science program. Bloomington, IN, USA. New!
- John Gustafson – Professor, National University of Singapore (Joint appointment with A*STAR).
- Sean Blanchard – Systems Engineer, HPC expert, Los Alamos National Laboratory, New Mexico, USA
- Victoria Crone – CEO, Callaghan Innovation, Auckland, New Zealand. CI is New Zealand’s Innovation Agency.
- Karl Fogel – Partner, Open Tech Strategies and author “Producing Open Source Software” – Chicago, USA
- Maria A. Pozza – Space Law, Cybersecurity – Associate Lawyer, Govett Quilliam, New Plymouth, New Zealand
- Mohamad S. El-Zein, John Deere Fellow, Materials. Manager, Advanced Materials & Mechanics – Moline Technology Innovation Center, IL, USA
- Charlotte Walshe – CEO, Jade Software, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Mark Moir – Architect, Oracle Labs, USA / New Zealand
- Prof Ian Foster, Argonne Labs, University of Chicago, USA. New!
- Prof Yuefan Deng – Stony Brook University, New York, USA
(Updated 23 October 2018)
(*) Updated regularly. Multicore World organisers are not liable in any way for changes in the speakers’ list
Tuesday 12th, Wednesday 13th, Thursday 14th of February 2019
All day sessions
Mac’s Brewery Functions Centre – Wellington waterfront – opposite Te Papa
Registrations will be available from October 15th, 2018.
Only 90 tickets will be for sale, and the first 30 tickets will have a 40% discount: first come first served. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are grateful to the generous support from
- Oracle Labs
- Catalyst IT
- Open Parallel Ltd
Contact email@example.com for sponsorship opportunities
Multicore World 2018
Check our previous edition at multicore.world