Open Parallel organises, sponsor, provide speakers and participates in conferences, events and seminars worldwide. Follow our work since 2006.
- 16 – 18 October – 7th Asian-Australasian Conference on Precision Agriculture, Hamilton, New Zealand. Poster presentation.
- 20 – 22 September – CARLA 2017, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Keynote, 10th LatinAmerican HPC Conference
- 18 – 22 June – ISC’17, Frankfurt, Germany. Organiser, BoF “Will the Internet of Things and HPC become close friends?”. Organiser, BoF “SKA: the ultimate Big Data project”
- 12 – 16 June – 2017 SKA Annual Engineering Meeting, Rotterdam, Netherlands. Delegate, NZ SKA Alliance (SKA)
- 7 – 8 June – 1st MVD FinTechForum, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 20 – 22 February – VI Multicore World, Wellington, New Zealand.
- 9 – 10 February – Computing for SKA Colloquium, Auckland, New Zealand. Check program and our presentation here
- 5 – 7 December – ITNAC 2016 International Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference, Dunedin, New Zealand. Open Parallel is an official supporter of ITNAC 2016. Industry Liaison and Marketing Chair.
- 12 – 20 November – SuperComputing 2016 (SC16), Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- 20 October – New Zealand Innovators Awards, Auckland, NZ. Open Parallel as member of the NZ SKA Alliance (NZA) was selected Finalist in three categories
- 3 – 5 October – ICRI2016 International Conference on Research Infrastructures, Cape Town, South Africa. Invited Delegate.
- 1 – 6 October – 2016 SKA Annual Engineering Meeting, Stellenbosch, South Africa. Delegate, NZ SKA Alliance (NZA).
- 11 – 13 July – ITx 2016 – New Zealand’s Conference of IT, Wellington, NZ. Selected presentation: “Is your IT project a Black Swan?“
- 18 – 23 June – ISC2016 International SuperComputing Conference, Frankfurt, Germany. Invited presentation and panel participation “Migrating to Exascale Worldwide”, Workshop on International Cooperation
- 29 February – Presentation – SKA and Big Data – Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de la República, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 15 – 17 February – V Multicore World, Wellington, New Zealand.
- 2 December – Centre for High Performance Computing 2015 Conference, Pretoria, South Africa. Plenary Guest Speaker.
- 19 November – SuperComputing 2015, Austin, TX, USA. Panel “Towards an Open Software Stack for Exascale Computing”
The panel will discuss what an open software stack should contain, what would make it feasible and what is not looking possible at the moment. The discussion is inspired by the fact that “this time, we have time” before the hardware actually reaches the market after 2020, so we can work on a software stack accordingly.
We will cover questions such as: Which would be the software development costs? What industries will migrate first? Would a killer app accelerate this process? Do we focus on algorithms to save power? How heterogeneous would/should “your” exascale system be? Is there a role for Co-design towards exascale? Is the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) project an example to follow? Would cloud computing be possible for exascale? Who will “own” the exascale era?
Nicolás Erdödy (Moderator) – Open Parallel Ltd.
Pete Beckman – Argonne National Laboratory
Chris Broekema – Netherlands Institute for Radio Astronomy
Jack Dongarra – University of Tennessee
John Gustafson – Ceranovo, Inc.
Thomas Sterling – Indiana University
Robert Wisniewski – Intel Corporation
- 2 November – SKA in Seoul – Asia Pacific Workshop in H1 Science – Seoul, Korea. “An Open Software Platform for the SKA”
- 1 October – Canterbury Software Summit – Christchurch, New Zealand –
“The SKA project: a revolution in software & computing”Since 2013 Open Parallel Ltd. has contributed to the design of the Square Kilometre Array (SKA), a software controlled radio-telescope which will be the largest scientific instrument in the world. The SKA is also the ultimate big data challenge: it will produce 160 Tb/sec of raw data.Open Parallel CEO Nicolás Erdödy will describe the SKA as data on a massive distributed scale as well as an example of the Internet of Things and its applications to industry. Nicolás will introduce The Open Parallel Stack (TOPS) -a platform being designed in New Zealand with the SKA in mind, and explain how to participate in the project.
- 17-18-19 February, IV Multicore World conference, Wellington, New Zealand
- 8 – 10 October – ITX, New Zealand’s conference of IT. Auckland. Presentation – SKA: The ultimate big data project. Nicolás Erdödy.
- 2 October – Canterbury Software Summit. Christchurch, New Zealand. Presentation – SKA: The largest IT project in History.Nicolás Erdödy & Alex St. John.
- 29 September – 2 October – 2014 SKA Engineering Meeting. Perth, Australia.
- 7 – 10 April – SKA – Science Data Processor (SDP) Consortium face to face meeting. Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- 25 – 26 February – III Multicore World
- 27 – 28 February – I Computing for SKA workshop
- 6 – 9 November – SKA – Central Signal Processor (CSP) – Consortium kick-off meeting. Vancouver, Canada
- 23 – 25 October – National Conference of the New Zealand Institute of Information Technology Professionals (IITP)
Nicolás Erdödy will present two talks plus a full day workshop
- SKA – To Infinity and Beyond / Raising Capital for your Start up
- Workshop – Getting Invested: A guide for software companies
- 4 July – Multicore Cows – Can Multicore Technologies improve New Zealand’s dairy industry?
A presentation the NZ eResearch Symposium 2013, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
Abstract and slides (takes you to eResearch website)
- 19-20 February – II Multicore World .
Wellington Town Hall, Wellington, New Zealand. Sponsor – Organiser.
- 18 February – Introduction to Parallel Programming with OpenMP
Workshop with Tim Mattson, Wellington, New Zealand. Sponsor – Organiser (Collocated with Multicore World 2013)
- 28 January – 2 February – 14th LinuxConf Australia Canberra, Australia.
Beau Johnston presents “Lighting up OpenCV with Ne10 and NEON”
- 23-24 November – NetHui South 2012 Dunedin, New Zealand.
Open Parallel presents: “New Zealand as a global hub in Multicore and Parallel Computing”
- 1-2 November – Angel Summit 2012 Wellington, New Zealand.
Open Parallel actively participates in New Zealand’s Angel Investors Association
- 10-13 September 2012 – Cloud Connect . Chicago, United States.
Peter Salerno, Open Parallel’s Marketing Director (USA) attended promoting Multicore World 2013
- 4-6 July – New Zealand eResearch Symposium 2012 . Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
David Eyers presented “Comparing Cluster Filesystems with Conventional File Servers“ – Friday 6 and lead Birds of a Feather
- 11-13 April – 10th NZCSRSC (New Zealand Computer Science Research Student Conference). University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.
Nicolás Erdödy Keynote “Let’s talk business: Technology will take care of itself“
- 27-28 March – I Multicore World . Wellington Town Hall, Wellington, New Zealand.
Open Parallel was Platinum Sponsor, Organiser.
- 10-12 February – KiwiFoo Camp. Warkworth, New Zealand.
Nicolás Erdödy presented session “Let’s make NZ the centre of a Multicore World“
- 16-20 January – 13th LinuxConf Australia. Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.
Lenz Gschwendtner and Nicolás Erdödy: presentation “Optimizing Web Performance with TBB“ (video).
- 22-23 September – SKA Rutherford Innovation Showcase. Wellington, New Zealand.
Nicolás Erdödy presentation “Multicore computing and Open Innovation developments in New Zealand“ /
Workshop “Software Development, Open Innovation, Investment”.
Article “Kiwi software firm wants slice of telescope” (NBR, 30 September 2011)
- 30 June – 1 July – New Zealand eResearch Symposium. Dunedin, New Zealand.
Jim Cheetham and Nicolás Erdödy – Presentation “An introduction to the X10 language and its applications“
- 27-29 June – YAPC::NA (Yet Another Perl Conference North America). Asheville, North Caroline, United States.
Sam Vilain Talk “Threading Perl with TBB“
- 18-23 January – 12th LinuxConf Australia. Brisbane, Australia.
Lenz Gschwendtner and Nicolás Erdödy – main presentation – “TBB – HipHop“ (“Integration of Intel’s Threading Building Blocks into
Sam Vilain – talk – “How to build large scale applications using PHP” slides;
Nicolás Erdödy – panel – “Which industries / applications need parallelization TODAY?” video.
Highlight from the miniconference was the keynote from Vint Cerf (Google): “In search of transmission capacity: a Multicore Dilemma”
- 7 October – Seminar, Computer Science Department Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA). Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Nicolás Erdödy – Talk “Open Parallel: a Community in Multicore and Parallel Computing” Photos
- 8 August – Seminar, Centre for Parallel Processing, Massey University. Albany, Auckland, New Zealand.
Nicolás Erdödy – Talk “Integration of Intel’s TBB into Facebook’s HipHop for PHP”.
- 6-9 July – 23rd NACCQ (National Advisory Committee on Computing Qualifications). Dunedin, New Zealand.
Nicolás Erdödy – Panel – “Trends and Developments in IT Industry”
- 18-23 January – 11th LinuxConf Australia. Wellington, New Zealand.
Lenz Gschwendtner – Talk – “Erlang, MPI and Open Standards“;
Remo Williams – Talk – “Titanic, Mars and Open New Zealand“;
Nicolás Erdödy – Panel “Open Source, Multicore and Parallelism: THE Software?
- 4 September – GNI Symposium – University of Otago. Dunedin, New Zealand.
Nicolás Erdödy – presentation “Open Source, The Waves and The Tide“
- 10-13 July – 22nd NACCQ . Napier, New Zealand.
Nicolás Erdödy – Workshop “The Open Source Learning Lab“
- 19 September – Inauguration Sun Microsystems’ OpenSPARC Centre of Excellence at the University of Otago. Dunedin, New Zealand
- August – Industry road-show. Tokyo, Japan.
Nicolás Erdödy, Pete Salerno – Technical demonstrations at Sun Microsystems Japan, Mitsubishi Electric, Toshiba, NEC Research Centre.
- March – III Multicore Expo.
Nicolás Erdödy – Santa Clara, California, United States.
- December – ATNAC (Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference). Gold Sponsor. Christchurch, New Zealand
- November – GSM Mobile Asia Congress. Macau, China.
Nicolás Erdödy, Peter Salerno
- 5 July – IEEE NZ Workshop in High Performance and Grid Computing, Auckland University of Technology. Auckland, New Zealand.
Nicolás Erdödy, Zhiyi Huang – Talk – “CMT and Virtualization“
- 21-23 March – Inaugural Multicore-Expo. Santa Clara, California, United States.
Nicolás Erdödy, Zhiyi Huang (Birds of a Feather – CMT)