Open Parallel® offers Solutions for the Data Science Revolution
As data sets become larger and information requirements are time and privacy sensitive, making smarter use of information becomes more complex and outside the core focus of non-specialised organisations.
Applications are demanding more capacity and process flexibility as social networking, sensor-networks, scientific research, business models, financial engineering and economic modelling all make big data a common requirement for Decision Support
Through our consulting and project work our aim is to make high-performance data intensive computing simple for our customers. In a world where every organisation today is a software company, you need to be able to deliver the best solutions to your clients, faster than your competitors, with the highest standards.
Open Parallel is the natural destination of companies, organisations and major corporations that need exceptional talent to explore, develop, and test radical ideas.
Open Parallel -a member of the New Zealand SKA Alliance (NZA), is a FINALIST of the New Zealand Innovation Awards 2016 in three categories:
- Innovation in Design and Engineering
- Innovation in Technology Solutions
- Innovation Excellence in Research
- Read Open Parallel in One Page
Open Parallel and SKA radio telescope Pre-construction Phase
Open Parallel vision is to consolidate a global hub in New Zealand and Australia of entrepreneurship based in multicore and manycore technologies.
Our work with the SKA radio-telescope -the ultimate big-data project, is the leading example: since 2013 Open Parallel is formally the work package manager for the Software Development Environment work package for the CSP (Central Signal Processor) element of the SKA -and contributes to the Computing Platform of the Science Data Processor (SDP).
Prof Phil Diamond, Director General of the SKA Organisation, UK
Nicolás Erdödy, Owner, CEO of Open Parallel, New Zealand
John Bancroft, Director, National Physical Laboratory, UK
Dr Simon Berry, Director of Policy Development, SKAO, UK
Bruno Lago, Team Lead, Catalyst Cloud, New Zealand
To support our vision -and with an economic development agenda, every year we organise Multicore World conferences in New Zealand to create a convergence between industry, academia, science and engineer/developer communities where we build strategic partnerships and learn from each other. Check testimonials
The VI Multicore World will be 20th-21st-22nd February 2017 in Wellington, capital of New Zealand. Check here a preliminary list of distinguished international speakers.
Among others, John Gustafson (A*Star, Singapore), Peter Kogge (Notre Dame), Geoffrey C. Fox (Indiana), Happy Sithole (CHPC South Africa), Alex Szalay (Johns Hopkins), Balasz Gerofi (Riken, Japan), Martin Hilgeman (Dell, Netherlands), Lance Brown (Altera, US), Mike Wang (Nvidia, Australia), Mark Moir (Oracle, NZ), Rikimata Massey (Scion, NZ)
- Open Parallel is a global team of specialists with deep experience with parallel programming, multicore technology and software system architecture
- In a world of rigid pre-defined roles, Open Parallel’s innovative management for breakthrough projects contributes the framework that drives technology to produce business results today.
- Our access to talent, a strong technical team driving change, and the flexibility to deliver innovative solutions are the main reasons why customers choose Open Parallel as a technology and business partner.
- They see Open Parallel as the natural destination when they need exceptional talent to explore, develop, and test novel ideas and proposals.
- Think of Open Parallel as an extension of your Engineering and R&D departments.
- When every organisation today is a software company, you need to be able to deliver the best solutions to your clients, faster than your competitors, with the highest standards.
- We offer rapid research and development for your immediate needs and most radical projects, seamlessly integrated with your main development efforts.