Inline with increase use and commercial interest in high-performance computing, Open Parallel is embracing an opportunity to build a platform for HPC Cloud Computing. To make the ‘develop, test, deploy and manage’ loop in this environment simpler.
OpenStack in combination with common libraries, development tools, OpenStack extensions for Accelerators and supporting platform services unique to High Performance Computing are identified by Open Parallel as the first components of TOPS; an acronym for “The Open Parallel Stack“, a play on ‘OpenStack for parallel computing’. TOPS is a Open Source High-Performance-Computing cluster management platform based on OpenStack -with exascale computing and the SKA project in mind.
If you wish to hear more about TOPS and its design and development, please contact us or meet us. We are speaking or participating at:
- Canterbury Software Summit – Christchurch, New Zealand – 1st October 2015 – Presentation: “The SKA project: a revolution in Software and Computing”.
- Asian Business Angel Forum 2015 – 14th – 16th October, Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Asia Pacific Regional Workshop in H1 Science – “SKA in Seoul“ – 2nd – 4th November, Seoul, Korea. Speaker.
- 2015 SKA Engineering Meeting – 9th – 12th November, Penticton, British Columbia, Canada.
- SC15 – SuperComputing 2015 – Austin, Texas, USA – 19th November 2015 – Nicolás Erdödy moderates the Panel: “Towards an Open Software Stack for Exascale Computing”.
- 2015 Conference of the Centre for High Performance Computing – 2nd – 4th December 2015 -Pretoria, South Africa. Plenary Speaker.