Where are Multicore World 2016 delegates booking their accommodation (*)?
- Grand Mercure Wellington Central City – GM, Spain; MC & MW, Australia
- The Setup on Manners – LL & EL, Australia; BG, Japan
- Intercontinental Wellington – HC, Germany
- Trinity Hotel – NE, New Zealand
- James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor – GCF, USA
- Cambridge Hotel – ROK, New Zealand; MD, Australia
- Bay Plaza Hotel – PK, USA
- Quest on Johnston Apartments – MB, New Zealand
- Novotel Wellington – HS, South Africa; MH, Netherlands
The airport is only minutes from the CBD (between 12′ and 25′ depending of peak traffic). A taxi would cost you between NZ$30 – NZ$40 and you can pay with credit card (there are minimum surcharges). There is an excellent express bus service for NZ$9 departing every 10′-15′ and takes about 15′-20′ to reach the CBD.
Wellington is a very “walkable” city -only rent a car if you are planning to explore the region, otherwise it will be a problem to find what to do with it in the city. Wellingtonians walk, take the bus, the train or the cable car (recommended as an attraction as well)
We recommend to book your accommodation as soon as possible given that Wellington is also hosting a large festival (1,200 performers) -best rates are going fast.
- Air New Zealand list of Wellington hotels
- Wellington City Council accommodation list
- Airbnb – Wellington’s page
- Hostels and Backpackers list
- The usual sites (booking.com, etc) will list most of the nearby hotels
Map from the airport to the venue area