Wellington has been called the “coolest little capital in the world” by Lonely Planet. Below is a list of hotels in the CBD -all between 2′ and 15′ walking distance from the conference venue.
The airport is only minutes from the CBD (between 12′ and 25′ depending of peak traffic). A taxi would cost you between NZ$30 – NZ$40 and you can pay with credit card (there are minimum surcharges). There is an excellent express bus service for NZ$9 departing every 10′-15′ and takes about 15′-20′ to reach the CBD.
Wellington is a very “walkable” city -only rent a car if you are planning to explore the region, otherwise it could be a problem to find parking in the city. Wellingtonians walk, take the bus, the train or the cable car (recommended as an attraction as well)
We recommend to book your accommodation as soon as possible -best rates are going fast and it is summer!
- Air New Zealand list of Wellington hotels
- Wellington City Council accommodation list
- Airbnb – Wellington’s page
- Hostels and Backpackers list
- The usual sites (booking.com, hotels.com, expedia, etc) will list most of the nearby hotels
Where did some of Multicore World 2016 delegates book their accommodation (*)?
- Grand Mercure Wellington Central City – GM, Spain; MC & MW, Australia
- The Setup on Manners – LL & EL, Australia; BG, Japan
- Intercontinental Wellington – HC, Germany
- Trinity Hotel – NE, New Zealand
- James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor – GCF, USA
- Cambridge Hotel – ROK, New Zealand; MD, Australia
- Bay Plaza Hotel – PK, USA
- Quest on Johnston Apartments – MB, New Zealand
- Novotel Wellington – HS, South Africa; MH, Netherlands
(*) Multicore World does not endorse nor recommend any hotel or accommodation option. The hotels listed above were voluntarily mentioned by the delegates to facilitate other colleagues to book, but do not imply that Open Parallel Ltd or Multicore World recommend them. Delegates have to make their own travel arrangements. If you need help, feel free to contact us.
Map from the airport to the venue area
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.