- Prof Peter Kogge – Ted H. McCourtney Professor of Computing Science and Engineering, University of Notre Dame – USA
-IEEE Fellow, IBM Fellow, architect and designer of massively parallel systems with an emphasis on memory. Designed the multi-threaded processor that flew in every Space Shuttle. Distinguished Visiting Scientist at the CalTech/NASA Jet Propulsion Lab. Led the DARPA Exascale technology study group. Founder of Emu Solutions, Inc. a company dedicated to high-performance in-memory systems for data-intensive applications.
- Prof John Gustafson – Inventor of Gustafson’s Law. Currently Visiting Scientist at A*Star -Agency for Science, Technology and Research – Singapore
– Former Senior Fellow and Chief Product Architect at AMD, Director at Intel Labs and Sun Microsystems. Author of The End of Error: Unum Computing -a new approach to computer arithmetic (bio from Multicore World 2014).
- Prof Alex Szalay – Bloomberg Distinguished Professor of Physics and Astronomy and Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University – USA
World renowned leader in data-intensive computing, data science / big data, astronomy and cosmology. Recipient of 2015 IEEE Computer Society Sidney Fernbach Award. Architect of the Science Archive of the Sloan Digital Sky Survey.
- Prof Geoffrey C Fox – Distinguished Professor of Computer Science and Informatics and Physics – Indiana University – USA
– Intelligent Systems Engineering Chair; Director of Data Science; Fellow, ACM. Published 1,200 papers in physics and computer science, specialising in Deep Learning, Software Defined Computer Systems, HPC and Parallel and Distributed Computing.
- Dr. Happy Sithole – Director, Centre for High Performance Computing (CHPC) of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) – Republic of South Africa
Defined large scale HPC national project and built the organisation from scratch to a fully operational national entity supporting over 500 users. Formulated strategies for cyber-infrastructure in South Africa pursuing the integration of high speed networks and large data repository with HPC.
- Dr. Balasz Gerofi – Research Scientist in the System Software Research Team at RIKEN Advanced Institute for Computational Science (AICS) – Japan
Specialised in system software and parallel / distributed computing. RIKEN is Japan’s largest research organization for basic and applied science and a world leader in diverse scientific disciplines. K-computer is installed at RIKEN’s AICS.
- Dr. Mark Moir – Senior Consulting Member of Technical Staff, Oracle – USA and New Zealand
Principal Investigator of the Scalable Synchronization Research Group at Oracle Labs
- drs. Martin Hilgeman – High Performance Computing consultant, Dell – Netherlands
- Dr. Nicola Gaston – Deputy Director, The MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology – New Zealand
President of the New Zealand Association of Scientists; Senior Lecturer, Victoria University of Wellington.
- Dr. Tshiamo Motshegwa – University of Botswana
- Marcus Dolensky – Technical Leader, International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) – University of Western Australia
Specialised in data systems for the Science Data Processor (SDP) of the Square Kilometre Array Radiotelescope (SKA).
- Dr. Chun-Yu Lin – Associate Researcher, National Center for HPC, National Applied Research Laboratories (NARLabs) – Taiwan
- Aaron Morton – Apache Cassandra Committer, Principal Consultant, The Last Pickle – New Zealand
Specialised in Apache Cassandra (distributed database management system).
- Bryan Graham – Science Leader, Forest Industry Informatics Team, SCION – New Zealand
SCION is a New Zealand Crown Research Institute specialised in research, science and technology development for the forestry, wood product and wood-derived materials.
- Don Christie – Director, Catalyst – New Zealand
Catalyst is New Zealand’s largest Open Source Technologies provider.
- Dr. Andrew Ensor – Director, New Zealand SKA Alliance
Senior Lecturer, Computer Science and Mathematics, AUT University. Director, High Performance Computing Research Laboratory (AUT).
- Robert O’Brien – Independent Software Engineer, New Zealand
- Duncan Hall – Enterprise Architect, Department of Internal Affairs, New Zealand Government. Former Software and Computing Domain Specialist, SKA Development Office in Manchester, UK. New Zealand
- Dr. Richard O’Keefe – Lecturer, University of Otago, New Zealand